Kids Water Facts
FACTS ABOUT PEOPLE AND WATER
• To kids in the United States, clean, safe water is an abundant resource, but for 1 out of 6 people around the world, it is an impossible dream.
• 1.1 billion people are desperately in need of clean water.
• The lack of clean water causes 80% of all illnesses and diseases in developing countries.
• 42,000 people die due to unsafe water every week, 90% of them are children under 5 years old.
• Many people, mostly women and children, will spend more than 3 hours per day collecting and carrying water that will eventually make them sick.